Monday, September 29, 2008

How are the shots and notaries going?

Are you getting your arms bruised and battered?
How are the stamps from the notary coming along?
Are you guys getting your money collected?

I am having my first fundraiser this Friday.
I am having an evening of BINGO...I love BINGO..I actually just ordered a shirt last week that says, "Happiness is April Yelling BINGO" that shirt makes me laugh, it is so silly!
What we are doing is having the cards donated/renting for the evening from a senior center (thanks to my hubby) and charging everyone $5, the first 4 cards are included in this cost. The prizes are Alume Import (from the women of Mitumba Slum) merchandise like purses, bracelets, and necklaces, as well as movie tickets, and restaurant gift cards. I put up 65 posters at work to encourage all of my hospital crew to come and play. The room we are hosting it in holds 50 people and I am secretly hoping for 150 people, so I can fill up the next 2 rooms and get a ton of money for the drug supplies for this trip!

I would love to hear the ideas you guys have..

Kristi are you selling "Mary Kay for Kenya"?

Amy and Jim what are you thinking about doing?

Chad any ideas or suggestions??

Talk to you later-
Keep the Faith-
April

2 comments:

Chad C. Parker said...

I know it's lame, but I'm a HUGE fan of support letters. It's a great way to be humble and ask others to be a part of the mission God has called you to. You'd be really surprised how many people want to help you. I think it's easy to be embarrassed to ask for support, but there are a lot of people that recognize the need, but they are simply too afraid to go or simply incapable of going, so as a 'back up plan' they will gladly support someone else in going.

Plus, people recognize when God is truly at work and who doesn't want to be a part of that??

So I vote support letters. Beyond that, I would encourage you to pray about it and be creative, there are literally millions of ways to raise the funds and as long as you are prayerfully active, I'm confident God will provide.

Unknown said...

i wrote support letters :)

but i am also going to come up w/ another way to raise the rest...good ideas!

my passport is in and i have had some shots so far...question, where do we need to get the documents notarized? just anywhere they will notarize it?

is it just the 5 of us going?
i'm excited to meet the rest of you!

Amy