Sunday, December 28, 2008

And Away We Go!!!

Well Team...this is it. God has provided the support for us to go, He has provided all of the provisions that we will need to put on a medical clinic, open the orphanage, build a new building and do all of the other work that He has called us to do. PRAISE GOD! The time has finally come!

I received an email from our travel agent explaining that everything is confirmed and all flights are still on schedule. Please check the web and your itinerary for any last minute changes.

Tonight, the Bloomington Team will have our packing party and final review (...and technically our first meeting) :) Then we board the plane at 10am on Monday morning. If all goes well we will catch up with Kristi and April in Detroit and then...across the pond we go. :)

This morning was a rough church service me...my fiance joked about me PMS'ing. As my senior pastor was recalling some of the wonderful things that have happened at our church in the past year, I just started weeping. Then we had a baptism, and baptisms choke me up anyway so I wept some more. :) By the end of the service I was thinking about all of the things that my pastor didn't mention and all of the things that he probably wasn't even aware of that God was doing...like every baptism that has taken place in Mitumba. It was a blessing to be able to worship God through tears. We have been called to an incredible task...a task that many people are afraid to accept. I am honored to be able to share in this with each one of you.

Be blessed, be safe, and let's begin the journey of a lifetime! :)

Chad

No comments: