Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Visas

I meant to post this last week. After I received everything from everyone for the visas I called the embassy in Washington DC to make sure they could still process our visas and get them back to us in time for our departure and they said because of Christmas we wouldn't get our visas back until December 26 or 27. That is too close for us. So we will not have the visa stamped in our passports before we leave, we will need to get that in the airport when we arrive.

The first time I went to Kenya we did it this way and it only took an extra 20 minutes. We typically try to get this taken care of ahead of time so we are guaranteed visas and so we don't have to worry about it when we arrive. But it's no problem to get our stamps in the airport. That's what we'll be doing in Cairo also.

I will keep Amy, Jim, and Kims Passports and photos with me until we depart. April and Kristi, if I can meet with Kristi (to hand off shoes) before she heads up north then I will just give everything to Kristi. So that way you are both good to go.

Again, this is not a problem. I've done it this way before and it's very easy to do. But typically, if we can get the stamps before we leave we like to try to do that so we don't have to worry about it after 22 hours of traveling.

Take Care Everyone!!

Chad

No comments: