Sunday, December 21, 2008

One week to go/packing party details!!!

OK everyone, by the time you read this we will officially have 1 week to go!!! Dec 29th is just around the corner!

Here are the latest updates. I met with Kristi Stice today to make the 4 suitcase hand-off for the Minn. group. Between April and Kristi they will be taking 200 lbs of shoes, medical supplies, and school supplies between 4 suitcases. I also had a chance to go through everything we have to take and we're going to need to do some prioritizing. There's no way we can take everything; not even if everyone from the Bloomington crew takes 3 suitcases (and we will be taking 3 suitcases each)!

I also have packets with all trip details ready for everyone too. April, you will get yours when you meet up with Kristi. Make sure you get it, as it has our passport and visa app in it. Everyone else will get their packets during the packing party...that's right, we're having a packing party! 

The Bloomington team will have a packing party at:
9 Ridgewood Terrace, Bloomington IL, 61701 (My house) on Sunday night (the 28th).
We will meet at my place around 5pm. I will order some pizza for everyone, we'll sort and weigh our luggage and review the final details.

Kristi and April, you're on your own as far as a packing party goes.

If you have any questions, please let me know soon!!

Kristi and April, I'll see you in Detroit next Monday. Everyone else, I'll see you at my place next Sunday around 5pm.

Take care everyone and God bless!

Chad

1 comment:

April said...

Okay Than Chaddy Mack!!
Just know we will need some hand foam, gloves and some masks...please pack those, even if you don't see a need for them now. Working in the hospital we see them as our life-line, and a must...
Other stuff is not a big deal to bring for this trip!! IE sheets, and the school supplies for now.
Do you hate me for getting the shoes? I had gotten them when there was still talks of the cargo plane! Don't hate me everyone...sorry :(
Yeah....one week!!!
Keep the Faith-
April