Monday, December 29, 2008

Flexibility is the name of the game...

Well...

If you've been following this blog you have surely heard us talk about flexibility.

Today the Bloomington team arrived at Central Illinois Regional Airport around 8:30am to catch our 10:13am flight. Well...take a look at the time stamp on this post and you will note that I am NOT on the flight. Incredibly, with the power of Apple Technology I am on I-74 using my MacBook Pro and iPhone to update the blog.

The flight from Bloomington to Detroit was overbooked. So they explained that we could drive from Bloomington to Indianapolis, catch a flight in Indy to Detroit. Now the Bloomington team will land in Detroit 5 min. after the Minneapolis team will leave Detroit for Amsterdam. This means that Bloomington team will not meet up with the Minneapolis team until we arrive in Amsterdam. We should all be on the same flight from Amsterdam to Nairobi.

So here is the Bloomington Teams old schedule:
Bloomington t0 Detroit (catch up with April and Kristi)
Detroit to Amsterdam
Amsterdam to Nairobi

Here is the new Schedule:
DRIVE from Bloomington to Indianapolis
FLY from Indianapolis to Detroit (arrive 5 minutes after April and Kristi)
Fly from Detroit to Amsterdam (meet with April and Kristi there)
Fly from Amsterdam to Nairobi (on the originally scheduled flight)

BUT...

The best part about the re-route is that everyone on the Bloomington team received a $300 voucher for the inconvenience. That's $1200 in savings for the Bloomington team!!!

We really appreciate your prayers!

From I-74...

Chad

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Dec. '08 - Jan '09 Team:

My thoughts and prayers go with you. Kristi kept me up-to-date on her flights from MN to MI and then MI to Amsterdam. I posted a comment last evening, but I don't see it on the website.

God's grace and peace be with all of you when you meet up in Amsterdam!

Karen Brown
(Kristi Stice's mom)

Marlo Larson said...

Lots of prayers coming your way from Kishwaukee Community Hospital (KCH) in DeKalb, IL. (Kristi works here).
Hope you have an awesome and Spirit filled trip!!!!!!
Marlo

Unknown said...

According to the NW website, your flight should have landed in Kenya at 9:02 p.m. Thanks be to God and I pray you all made that flight!

I was in our church sanctuary today and prayed for all of you and continue to say a prayer everytime I think of Kristi & all of you. I've sent my e-mail's to everyone and we are waiting for the blogging to begin! God keep you safe and may the Holy Spirit do His work through each of you!

Karen Brown (Kristi's mom)

Katie and Matt Wingard said...

hello brothers and sisters, I am Katie, April's (real) sister, and one of your prayer warriors while you trek through these unknown lands.

Jesus said, "I will not leave you as orphans -I'm sending my Holy Spirit."

I will pray night and day for you as the Holy Spirit has told me.
all my love,
katie wingard

Unknown said...

This is my prayer for you today -

"Lord God, heavenly Father, all creation is in Your sight. Guard and protect Your servants and our loved ones. Keep all of us mindful of Christ and Your abundant mercy and blessings in Him. Assure Amy, April, Chad, Jim, Kim & Kristi of your love and support and mercifully assist and guide them on this medical mission trip. You are never absent but are always with us. In Jesus name we pray. Amen"

Karen Brown