Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I Need VISA Apps Before Dec 5!!

Amy, Kristi, April, Jim and Kim

I need to gather just a few final things before we are 100% ready for this trip.

NOTE: I need to mail our passports along with everyone’s visa app and two passport photos to the embassy NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 5. So Please print, fill out and mail your visa apps back to me along with two passport photos by early next week. This is really important. If we send this too late, we run the risk of not getting out passports back in time for our departure...and that would be horrible.

So here is everyone’s to do list:

Completed Visa Application – See below for link and instructions:
- April
- Jim
- Kim
- Amy
- Chad – yeah I haven’t filled mine out yet either

Two Passport sized photos
- April
- Jim
- Kim
- Amy
- Kristi (I have your visa app, but I need two passport photos to send with it) Chad – yeah I haven’t filled mine out yet either

Passports
- Jim – Let me know when you have your other paperwork complete and I’ll meet you somewhere to get everything at once
- Kim – I have a copy, but I need the actual passport

Notatized Medical Release, Notarized Liability Release, and signed Code of Conduct
- Jim – Again I can stop by to pick up all of this at once.
- Kim

Here are the details on preparing the following items:
Visa Application: http://www.kenyaembassy.com/forms/visainstructionsdc.pdf
2 passport sized photos (you can get them at Walgreens), this is for the visa
If I already have your passport, I can fill in the Passport number, place of issue, and validation date
When filling out the app, enter the following:
6a. Tourism, humanitarian work
6b. Dec 29, duration of stay = 12 days
7. [leave blank I’ll fill this in]
8. Fill this out if you’ve been to Kenya previously.
9. YES

Here are the links to the forms from the field guide:
Liability Release - http://drop.io/goyaliability
Medical Release - http://drop.io/goyamedical
Code of Conduct - http://drop.io/goyacodeofconduct

For the most part this is the final logistical punchlist for the trip. Obviously we still have some other things to work out like packing all of the supplies we have in everyone’s 2 checked bags...some of us may be checking three bags to get everything over. But we’ll work on that stuff next. Most importantly now we need to get Visa Apps and two passport photos from everyone ASAP so I can send them to the embassy for approval.

I’m planning to send all apps certified mail to the embassy on Friday Dec 5, so please try to fill out the app, get your photos and mail them to me by early next week! This is really important in order for us to get our passports back from the embassy in time to board our plane.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again everyone!!!

Chad C. Parker
GOYA Ministries

No comments: