Friday, November 14, 2008

WE HAVE TICKETS!!!! WOOHOO!!!

Hey everyone I have an huge AWESOME update. WE HAVE TICKETS!!!! I will email the itinerary to everyone later. I didn't want to post the itinerary and flight schedule online for the public to view, but I will post the schedule outline here:
DEPARTING
Kristi and April
Minneapolis St. Paul > Detroit > Amsterdam > Nairobi Depart on Dec 29, and meet up with the Bloomington team in Detroit for the flight across the pond.

Chad, Jim, Kim, and Amy
Bloomington > Detroit > Amsterdam > Nairobi, Depart on Dec 29, and meet up with the Minn. team in Detroit for the flight across the pond.

We will all arrive in Nairobi on Dec 30 around 8:30pm (local time)

RETURN FLIGHTS
Jim Poisel
Nairobi > London > Detroit > Bloomington, Jim will leave Nairobi on Jan 11 at 11:45pm and arrive in Bloomington on Jan 12 at 4:30pm

Chad, Amy, Kristi and Kim
Nairobi > Cairo > 1 day layover in Cairo > Amsterdam > Detroit > Bloomington - We will leave Nairobi on Jan 11, we will arrive in Cairo around 10:55pm on Jan 11 and stay the night in Cairo, Egypt (can you say "Pyramids Baby!"), leave Cairo at 4:15am on Jan 13 and arrive in Bloomington around 4:30pm on January 13.

April
Nairobi > Cairo > 1 day layover in Cairo > Amsterdam > Detroit > Minneapolis-St. Paul - She has the same itinerary as the rest of the team except she will take the Minneapolis-St. Paul flight from Detroit.

Everyone, I have been really stressed out about getting these tickets locked down. I've been working with three different international booking agents and no luck getting good tickets. So although the dates are not what we wanted, but we get to stay in Egypt.

Anyway, thanks for your prayers and help. I am really relieved to have the tickets purchased. I will email all of you with a link to the visa apps next Tuesday when I get back to Bloomington. I will also email the itineraries once I get final approval.

Thanks again everyone and I'll send more details next Tuesday via email!!!

Chad

2 comments:

April said...

YEAH !!!!!
There is no going back now:)
Here comes the exciting count down...let is begin...
45 days

Unknown said...

AHHH!