Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Egyptian Detour

I wanted to post a bit of information about the detour in Egypt for those that are curious.

According to the CDC's website, we should not need any additional vaccinations to go to Egypt, but don't take it from me, you are responsible for your own well- being. Please check out the following link, but also contact your physician for more details:
http://wwwn.cdc.gov/travel/destinationEgypt.aspx

There is a $15 fee for a 30 day visa that we will obtain at the aiport in Cairo.

We will have to check out our luggage. Transportation will be pre-arranged to take us from the airport to the hotel and back. We will try to store our luggage at the hotel after we check out, until we need to pick it up and go back to the airport.

We will make every attempt to go to the Lost Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx during the 30 hour layover. From the few people I've spoken to about trips to Cairo, I'm told we can do this very easily and 1 day should be plenty of time. I was also told we should have guide and try to take a camel ride (only $5 per person if negotiated properly).

We will need to pay for ground transportation, a hotel for 1 night (2 rooms should cover everyone) and possibly a guide for the pyramids if we can do that. I'm hoping we can find a way to include all of this in the cost of the trip so this doesn't cost anyone any extra.

PS I've also contacted pastor Shadrack about developing a precise daily agenda for the team. He and I will try to have that worked out within the next few two weeks. I'll be sure to let everyone know once I have confirmation from him.

Thanks again everyone! I can't wait to go!!!!

Chad

No comments: