Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Medications

Hey everyone-
Through some discussion with Kenyan Dan, Emily, Chad and myself we have discussed buying our medication in Kenya. This helps their local economy and helps us carry other items in our suitcases, ie: shoes, eye glasses, last minute needed items.
The past 2 days Emily (Alume Imports) and I had a fundraiser at my work. I asked my co-workers to bake some homemade goodies and we sold them. Emily was able to sell several items from the residents of Mitumba Slum.
The proceeds from the baked goods and the auctioned off baskets will 100% go towards the meds in Kenya. In 2 days we had collected $865 for medications :) Praise the Lord...that will go really far in Mitumba. My personal goal by the time we leave will be to have $1,000 + dollars for medications.
I encourage each and everyone of you to set a personal goal for yourself to bring money for medications. Set a realistic goal....perhaps every single one of you can collect $250, that would bring our total to $2,250. We work in the medical field. We know how much drugs really cost, we can help so many people if we bring this amount of money for medications.
Please do try to collect money for these people, after all this is the reason we are going on a Medical Mission Trip, is it not!
Be uplifted and stay strong. I hope everyone got their flu shots!
FYI 41 days until we leave :) I can hardly stand it!
Keep the faith-
April

No comments: